Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's Your "Theme"?

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkk! Didn't get a blog in last week. Things are heating up as we get closer to coming back to the states to get our very first "Team" for the School of Global Leadership. Just this last week...we visited the Department of National Security in Port of Spain, wrote and delivered a proposal for student housing, continued our search for a van, went to the licensing office and started the process of getting our Trinidad Drivers Licenses, continued working with Ash to get through Biology, put more finishing touches on our stateside orientation, purchased tickets for the team leaving the states on the 20th of September, went to a deliverance service, two church services, took Ash to a youth service. I'm sure I'm forgetting something...but you see that life has not been dull or calm! We are learning so much and at the same time realizing we have a lot to learn!

One of the things I have enjoyed, been blessed by and impressed with as we have traveled to more than one Open Bible Church is their yearly "themes". Sometimes it's on the front of the building, sometimes it's hung over the platform or both...but there is always a banner with a yearly theme and a scripture. Last week the church we visited had a theme of "The Year of Irreversible Goodness", another church "A Year of and a Year for Change", another "A Year of Promise". I love it! It is like speaking life into your future before it happens! What is my yearly theme? Well...I would certainly say this is a year of change for me, a year of transition, a year of refining...Hard to choose just one! For the sake of this blog, I will choose "A year of Change". When we are considering our yearly theme, let's make sure we focus on what God says in addition to how we feel. When I say "A Year of Change", that is an understatement. I could focus on how the "change" wore me out and down, how it didn't feel good at times etc. But...in the midst of change, I am reminded of several things. I am reminded that God does not change, He is my constant, my true North, my refuge, covering and safe place. That's Truth! So put whatever name to your year that works for you...but ALWAYS INSERT GOD! The Word of God has a promise you can stand on, find it and stand on it...write it down, memorize it, speak it to yourself and out loud to others. Remind yourself again and again.

You know what I like about a "Yearly Theme"? It has a beginning and an end! Yep, God is always doing a new thing. Enjoy your year or at least learn from it and don't get too comfortable...a new theme is on it's way! Oh and make sure your theme is so big and impossible that it requires God. He smiles at that and is pleased, because without faith it is impossible to please Him!

Well, that's it for now. I will try to write next week before we leave for the states...until then, that's my take on it!




1 comment: