Sunday, August 15, 2010

Living In The Moment

My Devotions this morning were about "Living In The Moment". A very hard thing for me to do...It brought back to my memory a poem that I read on a poster as a teenager. I was able to find it to share with you!

MY NAME IS I AM

I was regretting the past, and fearing the future. Suddenly my Lord was speaking:"My name is I Am". He paused. I waited. He continued, "When you live in the past, with its mistakes and regrets, it is hard. I am not there.My name is not I WAS. When you live in the future,with its problems and fears,it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I WILL BE. When you live in this moment it is not hard. I am here. My name is I AM." ~ Helen Mallicoat ~

Helen never had it copyrighted because she believed it was a gift from God. It came to her in the middle of the night and has circled the globe many times. Hallmark itself has used it millions of times according to the late Helen Mallicoat.

My head and heart are almost always somewhere other than the here and now . Much of my emotional energy is used up in wishing something had been different or in hoping something will happen. Worry usually has little to do with what is going on right now, but rather on what has happened or what I think will happen.

Here's another one:

"Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength."
Corrie ten Boom

I am so tired of re-learning simple truths. May God forgive my lack of trust in Him.

What is He saying NOW. What is He doing NOW. What does He want from me NOW. A popular Christian song years ago was entitled, "One Day At A Time, Sweet Jesus". I remember my Mom telling me years ago that sometimes a day at a time is too much, sometimes we need to go moment to moment.

A friend sent me a devotion this morning about whispering the name of Jesus in the midst of the storm swirling around. It reminds me that He is with me.

A few short notes:

We are looking for a permanent vehicle and are believing God to provide what is needed for the school. Everything is very expensive here. That is one surprise for me. The exchange rate allows our U.S. dollar to go further, but many things are more expensive and so the exchange rate doesn't help in the end.

Trini's smile and/or give me a strange face when I ask about thrift stores and getting gently used clothes or furniture etc. One of them said, "why would you want used? Most of used items are junk". We find that to be true. You need to know someone who knows someone to get certain things. May God give us supernatural connections!

We are feverishly working on Stateside orientation with our team coming for the pilot year of the School of Global Leadership. What is impossible with man, is possible with God! Prayers are much appreciated.

I am not sleeping well. Can't get to sleep at night and then when I wake up, my mind starts racing...Please pray.

Ashleigh is finishing up Biology...then we order 11th grade curriculum. Pray that this next school year will go smoother.

Much transition...May God help me to live in the moment, whisper His name, remember He is the God of the impossible and trust Him.

That's it for now...until next time...that's my take on it!


3 comments:

  1. This really spoke to me today, thanks for sharing your heart. Praying we both "get" His lessons without having to constantly re-learn them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pam! God could not have spoken more clearly through this today. This is very much the heart of the matter of some of what I have been dealing with and it has been robbing my sleep as well. I appreciate your willingingness to share with us all!!!!! Very much needed today and very much appreciated! -Heather Hunsaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!, your words always speak to my heart and it can't be more true. Worrying about what is next is usless and strength robbing. How come I have come this far and haven't learned that. I shouldn't do more than ask God to help you live through today! Thanks for reminding me. AGAIN!!! jb

    ReplyDelete