Friday, January 21, 2011

Seen and Unseen

Well...Satan's been busy.

I wonder... if we could actually see him wringing his ugly hands in anticipation of victory, if we would get mad enough to live differently... to stay the course...to forge ahead.

Scripture tells us to..." fix our eyes not on what is seen (people,places,things), but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

The unseen is the spiritual warfare going on in the heavenly realms on our behalf. Yeah...it's happening right now as I speak. It's Christianity 101 stuff, but we forget. God has a plan. Satan wants to stop the plan. Satan throws a fit. God sends his holy angels to war for us. God wins. Did you hear me? There may be skirmishes that Satan gets the upper hand on, but GOD WINS! In fact, truth be told God ALREADY WON on the cross. The last chapter of the story has already been written and WE WON!

Since Satan knows that he has already lost, he will throw fits and cause havoc any way and any where he can. Sometimes he even uses well meaning Christians:)

Be self‑controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
Ephesians 6:11

We are so clueless much of the time and aren't even aware of his devices. We call it a bad day, or a dry season...a dark night of the soul. I think it is often Satan throwing a fit because he sees and feels the threat of God's Kingdom advancing!

So it's time to "get a clue!" Let's call it what it is...Spiritual Warfare! And...if it's warfare, then let's fight! Let's "war" in the spirit for God's plan, God's strategy and Godly results.

Now, I have to say, because I speak the truth, doesn't mean I "feel" the truth. I am a bit exhausted right now, and my flesh wonders about all sorts of things. I must also say, however, that my "feelings" do not change the truth.

Let's speak the truth out loud...even when we don't feel it. Even when we don't see it. Let's walk by faith not by sight!!

Until next time...that's my take on it!

UPCOMING EVENTS TO PRAY FOR: Planning meeting with a local pastor regarding children's outreach and evangelistic home Bible Studies. We are teaching a Missions Class on the North Campus of the OBTT Bible College. Outdoor Crusade in a Hindu/Muslim community. Please be praying for future SGL students. Please continue to pray for Ashleigh's homeschooling. Biology and Math are the most challenging. Pray for our health...we have had a lot of health related issues...back and hip problems, flu etc. We are also in the midst of critical and strategic planning for SGL. Cover us right now! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Praying hard for you guys, Pam. It is warfare. It seems in my own life, when I feel like giving up the most, it's because satan knows God is doing something HUGE just right around the corner.

    I'm reading the book Crazy Love, and it's kicking my butt in such a good way. Realizing that I make life so much more complicated because I make it all about ME rather than ALL ABOUT HIM. Stay the course, He's gonna do some great things. :)

    Love in Christ,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,
    It seems alot of people are being attacked right now. I am praying for you guys. I pray God's peace surrounds you. Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Pray, earnestly seek God's face, fight the enemy!
    Romans 8:35-39
    "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

    ReplyDelete