Monday, July 26, 2010

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head...

The phrase "When It Rains It Pours" has taken on a new meaning! I will be inside minding my own business and then a very loud sound grabs my attention and I realize it is raining outside...I am not talking drops...I am talking torrential rain. It stops as quick as it starts but if you were out in it, you would get soaked to the bone:)

Speaking of rain...It's raining "dogs and dogs" here in Trinidad! There are dogs everywhere! My understanding is that you don't have to keep your dog locked up here. A few do...I have seen one dog actually on a chain and I have seen a few locked in yards, but most take to the streets. Dogs here are for the most part, not house pets. I haven't seen a cat yet:)

Yesterday(Friday) was a very long day...We started at the Immigration office at 8 a.m. for a couple hours waiting for a piece of paper required to secure a bond that will cover return tickets. We then waited at the bank for a long time waiting on the paperwork to show Immigration on Monday. Pastor Andy Homer(director of Open Bible here in TT waited with us (Lord Bless Him!) and he was in the midst of Board meetings. What a gracious man. We enjoy him and his wife Sister Anne Marie very much and look forward to spending more time with them.


We skyped Jonathan (oldest son) on his 30th birthday. It was fun watching him open his gift. Thank you God for skype!!!


Mike preached his first sermon at Windsor Park Open Bible yesterday. He did a great job. The hospitality of Windsor Park was AMAZING! Everything from getting us water or hot tea to carrying Mike's things up to the podium when he went up to preach to an amazing meal afterwards...and great fellowship with Pastor Jagdip and his wonderful wife, Sister Shara and some of the leadership at their church. Ashleigh connected with the pastors daughter, Sarah. They are two peas in a pod (watch out world!) We came home and rested abit and then went to a youth conference at First Church in San Fernando. It was amazing!


Today was a very long day....We had what we thought was an appointment at Immigration at 8 a.m. It turned out it meant we had an appointment sometime during the day...(sigh) After sitting for two hours, I began praying that the Lord would cause someone to "see" us and bend a knee to the will of God. Within seconds, our name was called. I prayed for God's favor to rest on us, and even though there were a few kinks by the end of the day...we had our two year visas and had applied for a multi-entry visa which allows us to travel two and from Trindad on mission trips and to the States. We are getting that in the mail in the next two to three weeks.


This Wednesday, we continue to travel with our Realtor to check on some other possibilities for housing. We need resolution quickly! Lord give us an answer.


My heart is heavy for my children tonight. I remember how blessed I felt knowing I had a mom who prayed for me. I guess I'm that mom now! I still have a grama who prays for me (she is almost 103 years old) and of course my Mom in Love prays for me and my family. I am blest. I hope my kids feel the way I have always felt. I wish my Mom had lived to know about Trinidad. She would be one of our great prayer warriors. 


When I feel frustrated that I am not physically there to help my children or I don't have the answers for their situations, I am reminded that there is a God in heaven who know them by name". He sees them and hears them and has wonderful plans for them. Right now, Eyes of Faith are required and without Faith it is impossible to please God. 


Well...that's it for now...until next time...that's my take on it.

2 comments:

  1. good post, pam. praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mother's heart. You are an inspiration to my "mother of younger children's" heart. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete