Saturday, June 23, 2012

Declare and Decree!

I know, I know....it's been awhile. My writers block had writers block!

I have learned many things since moving to Trinidad. It will take more blogs to share them all, but today I want to share about something that has touched my spirit since moving here.

Just listening to a Trini pray is a powerful experience. There is a phrase I have heard more than once during prayer that takes it to a different level for me. That phrase is, "Declare and Decree"...

It is like a warrior spirit takes over when they pray. I have heard it when they pray for their country, their church, their government, crime, their children and grandchildren.

Declare: To make known or state clearly.
Decree: A formal and authoritative order.

What do you need to declare and decree today?

Whatever it is, state it clearly and order it authoritatively! We must believe we can move heaven and earth with our prayers! I have found out there are no wimpy prayers in Trinidad. They know who their God is and approach Him with boldness!

Maybe it's time to take a different approach in prayer. If you feel beat up these days, it's time to DECLARE AND DECREE!

Thanks Trinidad! You are a great example in how to WAR in prayer!





No comments:

Post a Comment